Word 2007 Formatted Version
Director of Development / Programming
I am a positive leader of small and mid-size development and marketing teams that have consistently created high-trafficked, high-transaction websites for enterprise businesses such as FORTUNE 500® company, DaVita Inc., and mid-sized TollFreeForwarding.com. My successes include:
- Recruiting, hiring, coaching, mentoring and training multiple fast action Agile Scrum teams including non-technical staff.
- Building out work environments with networks, clients and servers including Windows 2003/2008 server family.
- Delivering positive ROI implementing ‘Green’ technology such as VMWare and Microsoft Hyper-V virtual server solutions which reduce: energy costs, collocation space and fees, as well as a reduction in server maintenance fees.
- Years of experience running my own business helps me translate senior executive’s business goals into realized technology solutions by being a highly effective communicator, preparing budgets, project plans and developing on Agile and Scrum practices and methodologies.
- Working with and managing marketing and development staff to properly market the latest developments, coincide marketing with development releases, implement email marketing solutions, mobile device and social media network support, Google and Omniture analytics, Google AdWords, search engine optimization (SEO) strategy, event and direct marketing as well as various audio and video production from podcasts to television commercials.
- Development Practices: Certified Scrum Master / Agile Methodologies
- Programming IDE: ColdFusion Builder, Eclipse, DreamWeaver, Flash Builder, Flash, Visual Studio 2005
- Source Code Management (SCM): Subversion (SVN), SeaPine SCM, Visual Source Safe
- Servers: Windows 2003/2008 Server Standard / Enterprise, SQL Server 2005/2008, Exchange Server 2010 Enterprise, SharePoint 2007, Adobe Flash Media Server 2.0
- CRM: Siebel, GoldMine
- Virtual Servers: VMWare, Microsoft Hyper-V
- Other Software Products: Photoshop, Illustrator, Captivate
- Google Analytics / Omniture, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Google Adwords
Senior Development Manager / Director Development
Medium-sized, privately-funded telecommunications company specializing in domestic and international toll-free, national and local phone numbers with software as service (SAS) support for call forwarding, voicemail, fax and virtual PBX.
- Instituted an Agile / Scrum work environment from the top down, companywide throughout all departments (directly supervising development and marketing) radically improving efficiency, communication and productivity. These new multi-disciplined teams push several executive business initiatives transparently at once, delivered constant ongoing iterative releases and provided many individuals the opportunity for new leadership opportunities.
- Developed new multi-team performance bonus programs that are built on team incentives, shared responsibilities, as well as a peer review processes. The results were a more fairly accepted bonus program over annual reviews. Team issues were caught, addressed and fixed in real-time scenarios making critiques more timely and praise more often.
- Established development, staging and production software work environments, tools, policies and practices. This gave development and marketing a solid working platform. Instituted virtual server environments with both VMWare and Microsoft Hyper-V solutions, which eased server maintenance issues and costs, reduced energy consumption costs and expensive datacenter storage fees. This prepared us for redundant co-location and disaster recovery sites.
- Integrated hosted, enterprise customer service solution, Zendesk, to track and meet customer service level agreements (SLA), issues, communications and defects. This added visibility into customer issues where email and CRM alone had existed before. Reps could properly categorize and escalate urgent and critical customers with more visibility and transparency. This provided immediate improvement in customer satisfaction surveys, and provided traceable means for upsell opportunities.
Senior Development Manager / Marketing, Corporate Headquarters
FORTUNE 500® health care service leader with more than 35,000 employees providing dialysis services to 120k patients in 1,600 facilities and 800 hospitals nationwide.
- Developed SEO / SEM strategies to produce multi-brand, micro site developments and blogs increasing organic search results, raising website traffic and time spent on site considerably. Some highlights include:
- Enterprise content management system (CMS) upgrade and Microsoft .Net integration featuring web services.
- Community / Social network development including user forums, recipe section, and Phosphorus Challenge. These tools helped build loyal, passionate visitors by encouraging user submitted content, recognition, ranking and online camaraderie.
- Complex user tools including DaVita Diet Helper, Glomerular Filtration Rate (GFR) and Kt/V Calculators, Treatment Evaluator, Insurance Advice and more to assist patients and nephrologists.
- MapQuest & Google Maps API implementation to get valuable facility location information in the hands of potential patients.
- Google Ads implementation for in-house advertising and external ad sales opportunities.
- Audio and Video production for instructional and marketing videos as well as audio podcasts.
- Built and maintained internal eCommerce store for 35,000 employees. This acted as a marketing materials fulfillment, shipping and accounting process to deliver marketing goods and materials to more than 1,600 facilities. The store also provided means for individual employees to own company branded goods and apparel.
- Greatly improved existing development, staging and production software work environments migrating old systems to newer VMWare instances. Established the use of tools, policies and practices. Worked with several technical and marketing teams in multiple locations in the US.
Velocity Interactive Consulting,Inc.
Started a small consulting practice with up to 16 employees providing custom, online marketing, CRM and development solutions to a wide range of clients including: Yahoo!, DaVita Inc., Amgen, Royal Caribbean Cruise Line, theParkingSpot.com, Pritzker Realty Group and Hyatt Hotels.
- Online marketing strategies through SEO / SEM development initiatives
- eCommerce development and integration
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) deployment and integration
- Custom website, intranet and systems integrations
- Creative design, development and management for consistent marketing brands
- Learning management systems (LMS) and computer-based training (CBT) module development
- Flash-based video conferencing solutions
- Corporate training